Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Years

So, it's New Year's Day; 12:00 AM. People everywhere are celebrating this worldwide event at this moment (with a few countries as exceptions, like Japan for example) by drinking booze, and partying it up with either friends or family. And the I doubt it is the latter.

You know the story, it is only all to familiar.

But what should New Year's actually be about?

I suppose this day could mean different things for different people... I mean, if your idea of New Year's Eve is drinking until you puke and eating Chinese food made in America by people who don't care at all about your food and how it tastes, I suppose I must respect your opinion.

But what does this event mean to me?

Of course, I, RoXas Saix, do not believe in holidays. Why, almost every event has become corrupt with money, and commercials to BUY BUY BUY or your children will hate you. But still, I believe that these days still have a meaning, it just has been lost in the hustle and bustle of life.

That is what people like me were made for, right? To remind others about what is important.

New Years is about starting something new... and refreshing your life. Making new starts and life choices that might even change everything in your future.

This is why we make resolutions, right?

Well, even this has been corrupted, with stupid things like 'I must lose weight to look skinny like those models' or 'I must steal so-and-so's boyfriend from her'.

Is this the cruel reality we've been reduced to?

Well, it shouldn't be.

So this year, let us all make a promise. Let's promise to better ourselves, and teach one and other what it is like to work for something important again. We must promise to love... but still to hate some things, and keep the balance in the world. We must promise not to trifle over things that can't be changed. We cannot have peace without war, nor can we have good without the evil.

So instead of trying to aim for the impossible, we must first change ourselves, and learn to love what we have around us. If you are reading this blog, then chances are, you have a home. You have money, personal belongings, heat, food and companionship. And if you don't have the last choice, remember that there are always ones who love you. Gods, forgotten friends or family, and my arms are always open to anyone from any background.

I love all of you, and I hope you have a wonderful New Year filled with love. Enjoy it and embrace the things you have. Forget about the things you do not.

May all of the deities smile upon you.


I know I do.

1 comment:

  1. Hear, hear. Learn to love yourself then you can love others. The message is simple.

    ReplyDelete