Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I'm back (for today)

Well, I still have yet to get internet at where I live now, so it will be awhile before I post more. I'm sorry about that, but I'll share something with you in the meantime.

Sometimes, inspiration hits me out of the blue. It could be from a song, another person, or just from the way the wind blows. But to be frank, this 'talent' of mine has left me with a lot of characters I create, and then forget about in an instant. The only characters I have ever stuck with were the ones I created when I was eight and just starting my writing.

But I guess writing about new people all the time only can strengthen my writing. Anyways, let me get to a point.

I am working on a new story, called Order Araneae. No, it is not a story about spiders, but rather, spiders are used as a symbol throughout the story, and they are what sets the 'play' in motion for both of the two main characters.

The story is about two orphans boys, Cario and Zhane, coming from very different backgrounds, and yet their adventures intertwine like spiderwebs. They meet at the orphanage and become brothers by blood, calling themselves the Araneae (because of the similar dreams they have about spiders). They then seperate, Cario going to a very loving family, and Zhane being forced into living with the man who killed his 'brother's' parents, Mericose. Cario forgets his life before his family, and Zhane is forced to abandon everything he knew in order to survive his father's abuse and deciet.
Years later, Cario is a young, bullied kid in high school looking for an escape. Zhane has adopted his father's power-hungry personality, and is possessed by the webs of his nightmares. They both find demonic objects, which will either save them, or tear their souls into pieces.

Now, just in case you weren't bored enough already, I will post a small quote and a link to the first chapter.

'Cario ran from the spiders, and was embraced by an angel; with dark, dreamless eyes, and a soul as dark as the night without the moon or the stars.
The other followed them, and he became possessed by a demon carved from gold, that slowly became himself.'
http://hell-of-the-darkness.deviantart.com/#/d2zp36j

No comments:

Post a Comment